Monday 22 July 2013

Ramadan Journal Day 9, 10, 11

9. This happened Today:

I went to the library and they were having a book sale.  I found a copy of Whatever Next! by Jill Murphy which is one of our favorite picture books.


10. Grateful For:

Having the opportunity to live in London, where so many great places are nearby, Southall being one of them.  With the current heatwave, I needed some summer clothes and found some lightweight cotton shalwar suits there.  I also got a small cardigan and flower pin from New Look, which was having a sale.

                                             A Sha Posh cotton suit with embroidery down the front


11. Iftar/Evening:

I make cold glasses of Rooh Afza for iftar, nowadays with water instead of milk because it's so late, and it's hard to eat dinner if you have a lot of other iftar items.  We usually have some fruits and sometimes either samosas or pakoras.  I've made samosas and spring rolls in the oven instead of frying them to cut down on the oil.  Tonight for iftar it's going to be dates, an apple or banana, and kaale chane, which are stir fried black chickpeas.

No comments:

Post a Comment