Wednesday 17 July 2013

Ramadan Journal Day 6 and 7

6. Workspace:

My current workspace is pretty minimal since I don't have much space.  Here's my new sewing machine which  replaced my Toyota Quiltmaster.  It's doesn't take up much space and is easy to use (no fiddly front loading bobbin, which drove me crazy with the Quiltmaster.)


In the future I want to upgrade to a Janome SMD 2000:


And if I ever have the space, I would love to have a proper sewing studio, with glass cabinets for fabric like in the below photo, a cutting table, ironing board, dress form, bookshelf for my sewing books and patterns, some vintage dress prints and fabric swatches on the wall, and lots of drawer space for my threads, beads, and trims. 



7. White:

I made dahi barey the other day, which were delicious.  I use this recipe but I don't add garlic and garam masala to the sauce, I put zeera powder, salt, and red chili powder.  I've heard you can add milk to the sauce as well, anyone have a different way of making them?



1 comment:

  1. Uff! Dahi barey!! Would love some right now!

    Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete