Thursday 21 March 2013

Cashmere Scarf

I was reading How to Catch a Star to my daughter and she kept saying she wanted to catch a star too.  I told her we would look for one.  We looked out the window but as it was cloudy we couldn't see any stars.  The next day I secretly sewed a small star from muslin.  That evening we looked out the window and saw a big twinkling star in the sky.  I opened the window so we could catch it if it fell, but when we turned away, a star mysteriously appeared on our living room floor.  My daughter was very surprised and said it was a baby star. 


I also finished sewing her a winter scarf from a cashmere sweater that belonged to my mother when she was in college.  I wore the sweater as well, but now it had a few holes so I wanted to remake it into something for my daughter.  I cut two long strips from the back of the sweater and hemmed it by hand.  I shirred some lace trim to make ruffles and added some pink pearls.   I'm going to make matching mittens and possibly a hat as well.  




No comments:

Post a Comment