Thursday 7 February 2013

Great toddler books

I'm currently reading The Toddler's Busy Book by Trish Kuffner.  It has 365 ideas to keep toddlers busy.  We've made mailboxes out of diaper boxes and doll beds out of tissue boxes.   It has lots of good ideas.


My daughter is currently reading Whatever Next! and  Bedtime Little Ones by Claire Freedman.  Both have beautiful illustrations.  Whatever next is a story about a baby bear who pretends to fly to the moon in his homemade rocket.  This book is over 30 years old, but I read it for the first time recently and my daughter loves it.  The bear passes an airplane and waves to passengers, and has a picnic on the moon with an owl he meets along the way.  And the second book shows families of rabbits, squirrels, badgers etc in their cozy homes eating dinner, bathing, and getting ready to sleep.  I highly recommend both!







No comments:

Post a Comment