Sunday 20 January 2013

A Homemade Life

We've had continuous snow here in London the last few days.  Luckily there are plenty of books at home to keep us occupied.  I'm currently reading A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg, author of the blog Orangette  It's a food memoir.  I first discovered her writing in Bon Apetit magazine, where she wrote articles every month on kale and gougeres, among other things.   I had never tried kale, but her simple and delicious sounding descriptions of it made me try it, and now I love it.  I also gave thyme gougeres a try (from a recipe on Epicurious) and loved those as well.  I like the book as it's a mix of a love story, family history, and interesting sounding recipes all in one.


My daughter got these from the library and reads them over and over.  I love Oliver Jeffer's books, especially Lost and Found and How to Catch a Star.






No comments:

Post a Comment